We work for the people of Greenwood Township to
keep your roads clean and safe year round.
Services provided by the Greewood Township Road District
- Plow snow and spread ice control on over 90 lane miles of township roads, including 11 subdivisions.
- Maintain, patch, and repair township roads, shoulders, ditches, and bridges.
- Resurface township roads.
- Mow along township right-of-way.
- Maintain culverts along township roads.
- Maintain, repair, and replace warning, informational, and regulatory signs and posts.
- Provide street lighting in major intersections where the Highway Comissioner and the public deem necessary.
- Trim and remove trees and branches that interfere with safe vehicle operation and/or visibility.
- Save taxpayers money with intergovernmental agreements.
- Sweep up loose gravel and debris on township roads, as well as the removal of dead animals.
- Issue permits for installation of driveways and culverts, new utilities and overweight vehicles.
Thank You Letter from
McHenry County Division of Transportation
NEW RECYCLING PROGRAM
Greenwood Township Road District will begin some recycling programs. These programs will
begin with the recycling of Brush and Electronic Devices. We will accept Brush with a maximum
diameter of 8”, along with Electronic Equipment/Devices.
The Road District will accept items for recycling ONLY on the 2nd Saturday of each month from
May through October from 7 AM to NOON.
Non Acceptable Recycling Items
Washers, Stoves, etc)